Friday, April 12, 2019

Variations on a theme

An interesting result of photographing the same subject over and over again is that it forces you to dig deeper into your creative self to find new ways of photographing or presenting the subject. I find it a great way to grow my technique.

There is a group of tropical plants not far from my house where I often go to photograph, either to test our equipment or just because I need to do a little creative exercising by stretching my imagination. 

Images were taken with a Fuji X-Pro2 and 35mm f/2 lens.





The images are a composite of two images, one of the plants and the other of a textured wall. I applied the same post-processing technique to both of these photographs so they could work alone or be presented as a diptych arrangement hung next to each other, as below.



No comments :

Post a Comment