Monday, November 24, 2014

Countdown to Thanksgiving

As part of being a stock photographer, I always take advantage of holidays to refresh my portfolio of themed images. This year is no different, although, as always, I am constantly seeking a new twist on the old theme.

My wife and I are spending Thanksgiving alone this year, and decided to turn the actual dinner -- from prep to left-overs -- into a prolonged photo-shoot, which began on Saturday with a trip to the local farmers market to pick up produce for the meal.

Below are a few of the items we gathered. Some will be used as ingredients, others as props for the various scenes I will be photographing. Each of them represents an opportunity for a stock shot. They were all photographed at home using window light and the Fuji X-T1 and Zeiss Touit 50mm macro lens. Most of the images had no fill to preserve naturalness of the scene. For a few I did add a highlight with a small silver card reflector placed off to the far left.

Although shot in RAW, most of the images needed very little post-processing, however for several of the photos I tried out the new Classic Chrome camera profile added to the new Camera RAW in Photoshop. This did seem to add a more natural grittiness to the scene.



















1 comment :

  1. Amazing images as always. I'm inspired and astounded by your photos of everyday "mundane" stuffs that can be found lying around the house.

    ReplyDelete