Sunday, February 28, 2016

Ocean views with the Fuji X system

Finally back on line!  When I wrote my last post, I mentioned that I might be out of internet range for awhile. Turned out to be true. I had no connection at all for the past week. I never think about how internet-dependent the world has become until I have to do without it.

I arrived home late last night, unpacked, downloaded my images onto the computer, and passed out. This morning I began to look over some of what I had done, and decided to put up at least a few images to break the radio silence.

I was shooting mostly with the Fuji X-T1 and 16-55mm lens. I was also testing out the new Fuji 100-400 lens for a later review. I played around a bit with another image softening technique by simply adding a couple of fog filters.  Below are a few of the initial results. Much more to come later.

The sun coming up behind me reflects off the distant clouds. This image and the one at the bottom were taken with the Fuji 16-55mm lens. 


Distant clouds at sunset taken with the Fuji 100-400mm zoom. 


Early morning full moon sets over the ocean. A fog filter was used in all of these shots, with the softening effect toned down as I increased the image contrast later in Photoshop.  



No comments :

Post a Comment