Saturday, June 7, 2014

Photographing New York and the new World Trade Center

Now that the exterior of the new World Trade Center is complete, it has altered the profile of New York City and all existing photos of the city are now out of date. I will be concentrating on re-photographing the city from its various angles during the month of June. June is a good month to photograph because the vegetation is a lush green color and the skies have a crisp clarity. Later in the summer the color of the trees shifts to a darker green and the skies pick up a summer haze that is sometimes distracting in daytime shots.

The weather is good for this weekend and I will be photographing a different perspective each day.  On Friday I photographed the building from the Brooklyn Bridge.  I used a Fuji X-T1 camera with the three zooms: 10-14mm, 18-55mm, and 55-200mm.  These three lenses are excellent optically, and easily portable, making for a very comfortable walk around camera outfit during the day.

Here are some of the results. For stock photography, I did photos in color. For my platinum portfolio, I did them in black and white.




I'm starting to really love the Fuji 10-24mm zoom for travel photography. This shot was taken with the lens set to 12mm and f/8



No comments :

Post a Comment