Thursday, December 12, 2013

A bit of New Orleans Voodoo with the Fuji X-E2

I am in New Orleans attending PhotoNOLA, the annual festival of photography that is held here. Having arrived a day early I did a mini tour of the city --  with my camera of course.  The sky below is the first subject to greet me on my taxi ride from the airport. Underexposing it gave the dark, ominous look, and a good start to a side tour I did to a famous New Orleans cemetery. All the photos below were taken with the Fuji X-E2 and 18-55mm zoom.








These markings are on a tomb some think contains the remains of the famous Voodoo queen, Marie Laveau
In this shot I liked the way the telephone pole in the distance echoed the foreground cross.

1 comment :

  1. If you ever go to Savannah, GA, go to Bonaventure Cemetery. The place is amazing! I even found a tomb there with the name Dwight Roberts on it. He had a different middle initial than mine, but it gave my family quite the start, especially my wife!

    ReplyDelete