Friday, November 1, 2019

A Zen photography experience

Just after sunrise yesterday, I was in a nature preserve photographing the bright, early-morning cloud reflection on the surface of a peaceful lake when a fish jumped and left behind a set of expanding concentric rings. I had the Fuji X-H1 and the new Fuji 16-80mm f/4 zoom already poised for photography and immediately swung it to capture two quick images of the ring in rapid succession. Later I stitched the two photos together to make this long panorama of the scene. For me the image has a zen-like, meditative quality to it and reminds me of why I turn to the elements of Nature as the prime subject for my photography.


I had been using the cloud reflections in the water as a backdrop for photos I had been taking of birds feeding along the shore in the early morning. I stalked this Great Blue Heron to capture its profile using the same camera/lens combo I as I did for the photo above. And below it are a couple of other variations from the same scene.






No comments :

Post a Comment