Sunday, April 21, 2019

Keeping it simple with the Fuji X-Pro2 and 23mm f/2 lens

For the past week, and the last couple of blog posts, I have been going on my photo walks carrying only the Fuji X-Pro2 equipped with the Fuji 23mm f/2 lens.  On this walk I concentrated on photographing dead and decaying tropical leaves. In their various states of decay, leaves go through subtle color changes that are quite beautiful, and at the same time the leaves twist and reshape themselves into unique sculptural forms to catch the light.

Sticking to one simple camera and prime lens combo forces me to concentrate more on the basic composition of the subject and less on the manipulative abilities of my equipment.

The color variations of the decaying leaves are very subtle. To bring out their natural hues I change the color mode to LAB in Photoshop. This color mode allows me to make non-destructive enhancements to the existing colors that displays them in a fuller palette.







No comments :

Post a Comment