Tuesday, June 7, 2016

A rainy day in the park with the Fuji X-Pro2

I didn't really set out to test the weather proofing of the Fuji X-Pro2 when I left to photograph some of the remote areas of Central Park this weekend. The day started off moist and hazy with a bright white sky, the type of weather situation I like for photographing in the woods. Rain was expected so I anticipated getting wet while out photographing, but I never mind that so long as my gear doesn't give out on me.

To keep my pack light I took only two lenses, the weather resistant Fuji 16-55mm f/2.8 zoom and the Zeiss 50mm f/2.8 macro for close-ups. As you can see from the first photo below, the rain came down heavily for part of the time.

Two things I particularly like about photographing in this type of weather are, first, the way the distant, bright areas mist out into a soft haze, and, second, the shade of green that comes from the overcast. I used a Provia color mode with an auto white balance for most of the shots. The monochrome images were processed in Acros mode with no filter.

After a few hours of photography, both the camera and I were thoroughly soaked with rain. Both of us survived the experience well enough to fight another day.









1 comment :

  1. So Tom... In all honesty, forgetting all the BS that has been touted on line, paid shills and others. Are the 24MP of the new XPro2, worth the upgrade? I won't purchase the XPro2, but will seriously consider the X-T2 as I shoot with the X-T1 now. Your opinion: Considering no other factors other than image quality and resolution, is it a worthy upgrade?

    ReplyDelete