Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Fuji X100T plus Classic Chrome -- a winning combination

The day was overcast with light rain. I went to the Union Square farmers market to pick up a few things for the week, and, as is often the case, I had my Fuji X100T with me. I love the look of the close-up look from this camera. The overcast plus the rain added up to a dark somberness to the colors -- an absolutely perfect combo when coupled with the Fuji Classic Chrome look.  I ended up adding even more muting by dialing down the color vibrance and saturation in Photoshop post processing.

In the shots with shallow depth of field, I used the lens wide open at f/2. Otherwise, I kept it at f/5.6 for most of subjects.


There is a bit of deep softness added to this photo, the result of a Photoshop action I created several years ago. 










Next to the market is a cobblestone road. When wet, it takes on an eerie look enhanced by the reflection of daylight from down the street. With the Classic Chrome the colors are muted and the contrast boosted with dark shadows.  

1 comment :

  1. Nice images - I like the soft muted colours.

    ReplyDelete