Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Fuji XF 50-140mm f/2.8 zoom arrives!

The new Fuji 50-140mm zoom lens arrived yesterday. I will be testing it throughout the week and following up with a hands-on review later in the week.


First thing I noticed was the size. While it is understandably a large lens compared to the long lens Fuji lineup, it is much smaller and lighter than the equivalent (70-200mm) zooms you would find on a Canon or Nikon full frame camera. I had been wondering if it would be too large for casual travel shooting, but I immediately found it quite comfortable to hold and use.

Below is the first quick shot I did with it. You can download the full res image by clicking here.


More to follow as I put this it through its paces. Initial results are showing impressive results from a very well constructed lens.

Read the full, hands-on review here.


I got mine from Jeff at Fotocare in New York's photo district. He might have some more left. Give him a call. Tell him I sent you.

1 comment :

  1. Hi Tom,
    I'm looking forward to your review. I am having a hard time justifying this lens at 1500.00 vs the the 55-200mm at around $500.00
    Now, if I were to sell my Nikon gear including my 24-70, 70-200, and D800 bodies, then I would be fine as I don't finance anything. The lens looks like a beast, kinda defeats the "lightweight" kit.

    ReplyDelete