Monday, November 3, 2014

The View - take #4

The changing weather continued to provide some variety for my one week project to photograph the Empire State Building from the same viewing spot for a week.  The evening sky was filled with moisture that sponged up the lights from the tower creating a bright halo effect above the building.

I used the Fuji X-T1 again with the 18-135mm lens and hand-held the shot for 1/10 second at an ISO of 1600 and focal length of 18mm. The Fuji 18-135mm zoom has an incredible 5-stop vibration reduction, which I have begun to rely on to keep the hand-held images blur free. Even so, I whenever I shoot hand held I always hold the shutter down and allow the CL motor to record several shots for each burst while I concentrate on steadying the camera. Working at a short aperture of 18mm also minimized blur, as motion is magnified at higher focal lengths. I rather liked the results of this take and intend to include it in my platinum portfolio.


No comments :

Post a Comment