Thursday, August 21, 2014

Close-ups of herbs with the Zeiss Touit 50mm macro on the Fuji X-T1

The Zeiss Touit 50mm macro lens is such a pleasure to use that I find myself looking for any excuse to put it to work. This morning, while at the farmer's market, I picked up some fresh herbs just so I could shoot still life images with it on the X-T1. The lens is really perfect optically and seems to be just the right focal length for studio macro work. Plus it's one of the few macro zooms I can actually use set to auto-focus all the time.

Everything was photographed with soft window light at f/2.8, except for the down shot of the group of herbs, which were taken at f/5.6.

Here are a few images from the session:





 







1 comment :

  1. oh, no, another lens you're going to tempt me into buying?? :-)))
    it's no wonder you are a super successful stock photographer, these look perfect, all of them. do you work with a stylist on this stuff or is it you digging in the prop drawers for the right towel, napkin, mason jar?
    btw, just sold my 10-24 in favor of my unabashed love for my 14 and 23

    ReplyDelete