Saturday, January 12, 2013

Walden Pond Project, continued:

As seen through Thoreau's eyes, the pond environs is a series of close-ups.  He observed the details of nature closely and drew experiences and inspiration from them, and later conveyed this in his writings.

As part of my project to photograph Walden Pond in its various seasons, I concentrated on capturing many of the details of nature as they interplay with the weather and light of the day.

Thoreau's desk placed in front of one of the windows in his tiny cabin allowed him to look out at the pond life as he wrote.
 "After a still winter night I awoke with the impression that some question had been put to me, which I had been endeavoring in vain to answer in my sleep, as what- how- when- where? But there was dawning Nature, in whom all creatures live, looking in at my broad windows with serene and satisfied face, and no question on her lips. I awoke to an answered question, to Nature and daylight." 
- from "The Pond in Winter: Walden" by Henry David Thoreau




"Like the water, the Walden ice, seen near at hand, has a green tint,but at a distance is beautifully blue, and you can easily tell it from the white ice of the river, or the merely greenish ice of some ponds, a quarter of a mile off."   - from "The Pond in Winter: Walden" by Henry David Thoreau




No comments :

Post a Comment